Whitecross – Wootton Parish Council

Whitecross


Whitecross is a linear hamlet spread along the B4017 about 1 km north-west of Abingdon.

There is a suggestion that Whitecross is named a 16th Century village constable Thomas White. Certainly, the crossroads at what is now the Honeybottom Lane/Fox Lane Junctions is named “White Cross” on the 1795 Allotment Map.

Read more about the history of the Whitecross by clicking the following link on the History of the Parish.