Oxfordshire County Council is no longer subsidising the No. 4 bus route between Abingdon and Oxford via Wootton. However the Oxford Bus Company has agreed to fund the service on a commercial basis.
We hope you have noticed our new purple buses and the increased frequency through the village, and that you will be able to take the opportunity to make use of them. The advantages of the improved service include:
- Buses every 30 minutes (daytime Monday to Friday)
- Hourly evening and Sunday service
- Late buses back from Abingdon and Oxford
- Better timings for schools and commuters
- The 4B routed directly past Abingdon College and Secondary Schools
- The 4 still routed to serve Shippon and Dalton Barracks
- Access to the Churchill Hospital
- Free Wifi, Eco-friendly low-emission vehicles, CCTV, air-conditioning
- Low-floor for easy access for wheelchairs and pushchairs
It should be noted that the continuation of the improved service will depend on the service being used.
A direct link to the Oxford Bus Company’s dedicated City4 bus page can be accessed by clicking this link.
Find real-time information on the No.4 bus location by clicking these links:
An interactive Google Map of this bus route is below: